Well, I’ve been a little preoccupied lately. The New Day Job has been keeping me pretty busy, so I’m a little behind on both my blog updates and my publishing schedule. Nevertheless, I have a whole load of stuff going on. So, here goes…
- I’m finishing up my edits for “Death Comes to Town,” a fantasy novella that will be published in an anthology called The Outsiders. It’s another mashup (crime, fantasy, and horror) set in my Thousand Kingdoms universe.
(2019/11/19) Finished the story, and the anthology will be published in December 2019.
(2022/02/17) It was indeed published in December 2019.
- I’m finalizing the hardcover edition of Fantastic Defenders, a fantasy anthology that I co-edited with Donna Royston. That should be published sometime in the first quarter of 2020.
(2020/02/16) The hardcover will be published in March 2020.
(2022/02/17) Opps, make that February 2021.
- I was tapped to be the Workshop Coordinator for Capclave 2019. I’ve been reaching out to make sure we have a solid complement of workshops for this October convention.
(2019/10/22) Successfully organized and ran the workshop track for the convention, as well as running one of my own workshops.
- I’m working with Don Anderson, a friend and graphic artist, to finalize the cover for The Whispering Voice. The short story was published last year in the anthology Second Round: A Return to the Ur-Bar. This will be its first solo publication. With any luck, this will also be published in July.
(2019/11/19) The book was just published in November 2019.
- I’ve got a number of other stories ready for publication, once I find or purchase appropriate covers for them. Those stories are: Road Trip (urban fantasy and law enforcement), Clash by Night (relatively near future SF military heist), and Bitter Days (fantasy, crime and revenge). Covers are the bane of my existence.
(2019/11/19) Found a cover for Clash by Night, from the incomparable Luca Oleastri. Scheduled for publication in March 2020.
(2022/02/17) Published Clash by Night as a solo book in December 2021.
- I’m writing Finders Keepers, a cyberpunk-ish crime story. It’s targeted for an anthology with the theme of “black markets.”
(2020/02/16) Finished the story. Scheduled to be published in Black Markets in May 2020.
(2022/02/17) Er, make that December 2020.
- I’ve dusted off Pivot Point, a novella that I’ve let percolate for the last year, since I finished the first draft. It’s a mashup of steampunk and military SF. Now that I’ve got some distance, I’m working on the second draft edits.
(2020/02/16) It’s targeted for a military steampunk anthology that currently does not have an official publication date.
(2022/02/17) Not waiting…it’s going to be solo-published in late 2022.
- I’m actively looking for a new cover for my novelette, The Good Book. Frankly, it’s hard to figure out what sucked more…the title or the cover. I’ll re-launch this with a new title and a new cover sometime this year.
(2019/11/19) The new title is going to be The Long Road to Tomorrow.
(2022/02/17) The new title turned out to be An Unlikerly Hero.